Sabinal, Texas – March 29-30, 2014
Wild Hog Catching performances are held in 4 sessions over the festival weekend including, morning, afternoon and evening sessions on Saturday and one afternoon session on Sunday.
Competition kicks off with the children performing. See SCHEDULE page for detail times.
Hog Catching contest showground is set at the 50-yard line of YellowJacket Football Stadium (adjacent to Sabinal City Park). The arena is a circle fence of approximately 30 feet in diameter.
- How to?
- Registration – Fees
- Divisions – Hog Sizes
- Admission Charges
- You and your team partner enter the set-up arena armed with burlap sack.
- Hog is set loose into arena.
- When whistle blows, start chasing hog (not the other way around).
- Catch the hog.
- Bag hog in the burlap sack.
- Quickly pull the hog across the finish line.
- Fastest time wins.
- On-sight registration on day of contests ONLY
- Registration Fee for each session : $40(adult/team)
- Entrants may only enter one division during any of the three contests and may only chase a hog one time.
- Runts are 3-5 year old pigs and Shoats are 6-9 year old pigs.
- All entrants must sign a waiver statement.
- There is a three minute time limit to complete each chase.
- To promote safety,only sow (i.e. female) hogs are used in the contest.
- Runts and Shoats ->”5 lb or less”
- Light Weight” size ->”20-45″
- Middle Weight” size ->”45-65″
- Heavy Weight” size ->”85 and up”
- Women” size ->”45-65″
- Audience admission charges to watch contest:
- Adults: $5.00
- Kids : $3.00
- Kids under 5: Free